A Rewarding Future Starts With Clarifying Your Values with Bob Glazer (Episode #36)
Our thought leader of the day is Bob Glazer, founder and Chief Executive Officer of Acceleration Partners, a global partner marketing agency. Listen to Bob and build a rewarding future for yourself!
Bob is passionate about providing capacity-building support from individuals to organizations for them to elevate their performances.
We talk about the core contents of his book, Elevate, which lays out the steps to push yourself beyond your limits and unlock your success. Part of unlocking your success is to clarify your values, which will then set you up for a rewarding future, regardless of the path you’ve chosen to take.
- Bob’s content online:
- Individuals to follow
- Learn from the best! MasterClass provides 100+ classes across 9 categories. Learn science from Neil deGrasse Tyson, songwriting from Alicia Keys, or style from Tan France! Their insights are not to be missed. Sign up today!
[00:01 – 05:55] Doing Important Work
- Let’s get to know Bob Glazer
- What’s Bob’s passion?
[05:56 – 11:34] Improving Business Culture
- Challenging traditional notions in business culture
- Capacity building and leadership
- Employment is not for life. How can we separate better?
- “Productive Alumni Groups”
[11:35 – 18:47] Friday’s Forward Newsletter
- Perfect Moments
- Urgent versus important
- Bob’s free personal “Whole life dashboard”
- Alignment theory
[18:48 – 27:29] Getting Clear About What We Really Value
- Core values and clarity
- “The big three decisions”
- Respectful authenticity and honesty
[27:30 – 40:42] Finding Our Core Values
- The Stockdale paradox
- Deeply personal stories lead to our core values
- Getting along with others who have inverse values to yours
- Who do you want to be in a foxhole with?
[40:43- 47:06] ELEVATE
- The four capacities and the race car analogy
- Spiritual capacity
- Intellectual capacity
- Physical capacity
- Emotional capacity
- How to handle the things we can’t control
[47:07- 53:48] Getting and Giving Feedback
- Our Blind spots
- 72-hour rule
- Being approachable
- The ELEVATE Podcast
[53:49- 57:05] Closing Segment
- Connect with Bob!
- Links below
- Bob tells us why this is still an amazing world
- Final announcements