Reintroducing Yourself as You Are, Not as You Were with Cheldin Barlatt Rumer (Episode #115)
Communication is a struggle for most of us. Either we don’t really know when to keep quiet, or we can’t muster the courage to speak up. Our guest, Cheldin Barlatt Rumer, is an expert in seeing our communication landscape, in every moment, with fresh eyes. She has some inspiring perspectives on how we elevate the voices of others, re-introduce ourselves to others after all we’ve been through, and how we can re-imagine the role of the internet in our lives as a tool for communication that can help us thrive.
About Our Guest:
Cheldin Barlatt Rumer is the CEO and Executive Producer of THIS IS IT NETWORK™, a female and minority-owned global digital streaming platform. Each day, THIS IS IT NETWORK™ shares inspiring stories with a diverse community of female leaders, executives, and entrepreneurs through educational entertainment.
This inclusive and engaging content consists of online video programs and lifestyle blogs hosted and written by an array of captivating personalities and professionals.
Rumer uses her magnetic personality, unmatched energy, and industry expertise to promote the accomplishments and ambitions of her international guests while captivating her global audience of remarkable women. Through a layered media strategy, she intentionally caters to her community’s multifaceted lives, both personally and professionally.
Through her SCREAM YOUR DREAM™ online courses and in-person classes, she provides participants with the measurable tools and tactics needed to clarify their personal brand, share their brand stories, and generate results.
As an immigrant from Sierra Leone, West Africa, a former Division 1 athlete, a mother of two, an adjunct professor, a personal branding expert, and an author, Rumer works diligently to encourage her audience to no longer whisper their wishes but instead, to scream their dreams.
- The voice isn’t necessarily about the volume, its about the impact
- The power of our words
- BOOK: Quite
- It requires discipline in order for you to be seen and heard
- Gaining clarity to what it is that you want
- It is so easy to treat people in way which we knew them
- How do I reintroduce myself?
- Ellevating your voice is a selfish act
- With intension and pause, reach out to their hands
- Just because I carry it well doesnt mean it isnt heavy
- Be prepared to listen
- Taking a step out of the multi-faceted zooms
- Connections are invitations to relationships
- Social media/ internet is just a tool
- Determine what tool that best suit you
- Successful people on these tools are grounded in the industry
- The world wide web is outside
- Find your space online for that respective community
- Our voice can do all the wonderful things
- I do not take the power of may voice lightly
- Scream your dream/ Finding your voice
- No wonder we cannot say it clearly because we odnt believe it
- It does not mean you dont have a voice if you’re not in the boardroom
- The practice is the small scenarios
- Words are a wand
- Website: This Is It Network