How Do-Over Days Give Us Another Chance at Our Best with Jacob Green (Episode #93)
If life seems to be serving you one complexity after another these days, then this conversation will feel like a gift. Jacob Green’s experiences, insights and stories transformed my way of thinking about “setbacks” and the opportunities hidden there.
About Our Guest
Jacob Green is a nationally recognized leadership, crisis management expert, and author of the Amazon New Release Best Seller “See Change Clearly.” He took what was his rock bottom and shifted to a growth mindset which he would later share with others who could connect to his situation. And it all started while volunteering for the Turkey Hotline!
Another incredible episode so make sure you tune in until the end to get all the nuggets!
See Change Clearly: Leveraging Adversity to Sharpen Your Vision and Build Resilient Teams
Man’s Search for Meaning By Viktor Fankl
Spartan Up! – A Spartan Race for the Mind!
Connect with Jacob Green through https://jacobgreenandassociates.com
[00:09 – 11:33] Opening Segment
- Welcoming Jacob to the show
- Finding leverage in the power of adversity: Jacob’s remarkable story and how he survived his traumatic experience
[11:34 – 19:15] Your Setback Is Your Greatest Comeback
- What inspired Jacob to keep going forward and create a mission
- Find purpose and meaning in an ordinary task
- Service to others is being selfish
[19:20 – 37:43] From Survive to Thrive
- Resilience: Coping and thriving amidst crisis
- Shifting to a Growth Mindset from fight or flight mode
- Train your team to have the right mindset. Ask the right questions
- The Do-Over Day strategy
- Want some positivity? Explore The Goodness Exchange (see link below)
[37:44 – 57:33] How to Win in Life
- The one factor that sets apart the winning team from mediocre
- Shared values and complementary skills
- What is Cognitive Diversity
- Building a foundation of trust with coworkers that stands through difficult situations
[57:34 – 1:05] Closing Segment
- How vulnerability deepens the human connection
- Final words