Did you know 4 minutes of positive news can reduce anxiety by 32%? Start your 30 day trial!
Love Your Body Shape More with Julia Parzyck (Episode #29)
Julia Parzyck once struggled with an eating disorder in her younger years. As many women do, she struggled to accept her body shape because society sets unreasonable standards that are inapplicable to everyone.
Julia learned it the hard way but was able to recover because of the help from other people. She’s now working with women to build healthy relationships with their bodies, food, and movement, emphasizing that their worth is not tied to how they look, but to who they are as people.
- Brené Brown
- TED Talk: The power of vulnerability
- TED Talk: Listening to shame
- Book: Health at Every Size
- Book: The Happiness Trap
- We all know how important arts education can be, and Blick Art Materials does too. They support arts events, artists awards, and donate art supplies all throughout the US. For all your art materials needs, check out Blick! Start here.
Follow Julia on Instagram and check out her website to learn how she helps girls and women understand that they are much more than their bodies and can love themselves, regardless of their weight or size.
[00:01 – 06:45] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Julia Parzyck
- Eating disorder recovery coach
- Body acceptance influencer
- How she overcame her eating disorder of 10 years
[06:46 – 16:21] Small Wins Should Be Celebrated
- Julia tells us why we should celebrate small wins
- Manage the social media content you’re consuming
- Listen to Julia
- What does she mean by “curating your incoming?”
[16:22 – 26:31] Vulnerability and Confidence
- Vulnerability is the cornerstone of confidence
- Julia talks about the “Love My Shape” movement
- Listen to Julia’s interesting insights about beauty
[26:32 – 39:10] Choosing a Helpful Behavior
- Why join the Conspiracy of Goodness Network?
- Link below
- How to take care of your body better
- How to monitor your thoughts according to Julia
[39:11 – 51:01] Learn to Ask for Support
- How to befriend the “inner critic?”
- The stories we tell ourselves
- Julia’s 4 recommendations that you shouldn’t miss
[51:02 – 53:05] Closing Segment
- Julia tells us why this is still an amazing world
- Connect with Julia. Links below
- Final words and announcements