Why Shared Struggle is Awesome: Secrets of the Spartan Races with Marion Abrams (Episode #92)
Marion Abrams sees people turn enormous struggle into personal leaps forward, in almost every aspect of her work with the famous Spartan Races. Turns out, we don’t even have to be going for “super athlete” status to be transformed. In this interview she completely upends what we may think about the Spartan movement and her insights point to how any of us can find the awesomeness in friends, family, co-workers and even strangers by finding a role in a Spartan event.
About Our Guest
Turns out there is a whole lot of wonder and fun in a “shared struggle” and you may see your personal potential expand simply through learning today about a new kind of aspiration!
As an award winning filmmaker and consultant, Marion’s point of view is shaped by watching thousands of lives transformed while in deep connection with others. She’s the co-creator of Spartan’s official Podcast (over 40 million listens) and host of “Grounded Content” podcast where she talks about tactical and effective strategies for producing internet content that matters.
Connect with Marion Abrams
[00:01 – 23:24] Opening Segment
- Marion Abrams on how Spartan Races movement and how it awakens basic human instinct: to love
- What is Antifragility and how does it create unbreakable people
- Joining the Spartan Race: What’s in it for you?
[23:25 – 26:18] Take Charge of Your Life
- The real reason why people join Spartan Race
- Human Connection: What the society lacks today
- Benefits of endurance training
- Take control of your life and do not let anyone say you can’t
[26:19 – 32:11] Spartan Up!
- The Spartan philosophy
- Raising Spartan kids
[32:12 – 40:00] Closing Segment
- What Marion learned during the pandemic
- Learning through mistakes