Finding New Roads While Redefining Yourself with Stefanie Schaffer (Episode #28)
Our thought leader of the day is Stefanie Schaffer, an inspiring human being who managed to find new roads in her life after a fatal accident. The accident left her with broken bones, internal bleeding, and damaged legs that needed to be amputated.
Stefanie admitted that she was angry at first for what happened to her and viewed herself as a failure. What made her realize that failures could be opportunities was the kindness shown by all the people who’ve helped her stand up again. Stefanie later learned that this accident had enabled her to redefine herself, all while taking on new paths and uplifting everyone else around her.
- Stefanie Schaffer at United Way Event Green Mountain Power Rutland VT
- Exposing the Conspiracy of Goodness. | Lynda Ulrich | TEDxNaperville
- We all know how important arts education can be, and Blick Art Materials does too. They support arts events, artists awards, and donate art supplies all throughout the US. For all your art materials needs, check out Blick! Start here.
[00:01 – 09:47] Opening Segment
- Let’s get to know Stefanie Schaffer
- A life-changing accident
- How choosing a seat impacted her life
[09:48 – 23:04] When To Have Bad Days
- How Stefanie realized she needed to be kind to herself
- Listen to Stefanie’s advice on how to manage your anger
- When are bad days allowed and not necessary?
- Listen to Stefanie
[23:05 – 37:59] The Link Between the Mind and the Body
- Stefanie talks about people’s tendency to underestimate themselves
- Why join the Conspiracy of Goodness Network?
- Link below
- The link between the mind and the body
- Stefanie’s insights here
[38:00 – 54:25] Redefining Yourself
- Social media is not that terrible according to Stefanie
- How to turn failures into opportunities
- Stefanie’s advice
- Stefanie shares her inspiring insights about redefining ourselves
[54:26 – 01:00:46] Closing Segment
- Stefanie tells us why this is still an amazing world
- Connect with Stefanie. Links below
- Final words and announcements